- 1 Mailing list
- 2 Homepage
- 3 What
- 4 When
- 5 Where
- 6 Topics
- 7 How Much
- 8 Who
- 9 Outcomes & Topics
- 10 Hi From Chris
- 11 Related Events and Calls
GeoVoCampSouthampton2011 will be a VoCamp focused on near-term geographic vocabularies for Linked Data. The Geo Web offers a massive amount of structured information that could greatly enhance the Web of Linked Data. However, to begin the convergence of the Semantic Web and Geo Web a small set of core vocabularies is needed. Once constructed, the "Web of Linked Locations" will make the Web appear as a massive distributed interoperable spatial database that interlinks locations with other locations, events, sensors, people and everything in between.
GeoVoCampSouthampton2011 seeks to continue the initial efforts of the W3C Geo XG, NeoGeoVoCamp and most recently the GeoSPARQL initiative at the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). We hope to blend participants from the Semantic Web as well as the Geo Web. If you are interested in the spatial projection of the Web of Linked Data, help us pioneer the new spatial frontier!
Besides, isn't it time we put the "geo graph" into "geography"?
Please list any geo vocabulary topics you'd like to discuss under the Topics section below.
22nd - 23rd March 2011
Day 1 (Tuesday 22 March 2011)
09:00am - 5:00pm
Day 2 (Wednesday 23rd March 2011)
09:30 - 4:00pm
- 09:00 - 10:00am : Arrive and Make New Friends
- 10:00 - 10:30am : Introductions
- 10:30 - 11:30am : Linked Data Geo Vocabulary Background & Review (cf. http://linkeddata.com.ar/doc/2011/03/note.html)
- 11:30 - 12:00pm : Decide on Vocabulary Topics
- 12:00 - 13:00pm : Lunch
- 13:00 - 15:00pm : Vocabulary Breakout Session 1
- 15:00 - 15:30pm : Socialize
- 15:30 - 17:00pm : Vocabulary Breakout Session 2
- Mandatory Meeting at Local Pub : )
- 09:30 - 10:00am : Arrive and Make More Friends
- 10:00 - 10:30am : Decide on Vocabulary Topics
- 10:30 - 12:30pm : Vocabulary Breakout Session 3
- 12:30 - 13:15pm : Lunch
- 13:15 - 15:00pm : Vocabulary Breakout Session 4
- 15:00 - 16:00pm : Wrap Up & Next Steps
The folks at Ordnance Survey have kindly offered meeting space at their facilities.
The GeoVoCamp will be held in the Business Centre at Explorer House Ordnace Survey's new Headquarters.
Many thanks to Ordnance Survey!
Here people can suggest vocabularies and other things to work on. Just put a topic in the list and other people can put their names behind it to indicate interest in that topic.
Vocabularies, etc. I want to to work on
- Core Vocabularies Discussion & Development (GeoSPARQL feature/geometry model, GeoSPARQL spatial relationships, feature types/points of interest, events/time/change)
- Identify Auxiliary Vocabularies (Common Dataset/Named Graph geo metadata techniques, GeoProvenance, GeoVOID, additional spatial relationships(size,distance,direction,etc.)...)
- Identify MUCH needed Open Source tools/extensions (GeoSPARQL, RDFizers, RDF publishing frameworks extensions, slippy map extensions, linked data browsers, etc.)
- Identify Java based tools/extensions (Common vocabularies for ISO 19139 Metadata, RDFizers for geo metadata, etc.)
The VoCamp event itself is free, although participants will need to pay for their own travel and accommodation. Lunch will be provided free at Ordnance Survey.
- Glen Hart
- Todd Pehle (firstname underscore lastname atyahoo dotcom)
- Glen Hart
- Todd Pehle
- Leif Isaksen
- Elton Barker
- Hugh Glaser
- Andreas Harth (for PlanetData)
- Sean Gillies
- Tom Heath
- Jo Walsh
- Ian Holt
- Jeremy Morley (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/cgs @jeremy_morley) - 23rd only at present
- Peter Parslow (name . name at ordnancesurvey dot co dot uk)
- Tomi Kauppinen (MUSIL, University of Muenster)
- Juan Martín Salas
- Rollo Home (#SpatialNeeds) : currently fisrt day only, but I'm working it!
- Bharti Gupta
- Marco Neumann tentative
- Carsten Keßler (MUSIL, University of Muenster)
- Stuart Williams, (Epimorphics)
- Suchith Anand, CGS , University of Nottingham
- Luis M. Vilches (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid) GeoLinkedData Spanish Initiative
- Alexander De Leon (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid) GeoLinkedData Spanish Initiative
- Andy Radburn
- Mark Braggins (@markbraggins), Day 1 only
- Claus Stadler (LinkedGeoData, University of Leipzig)
- Barry Norton (PlanetData)
- Silver Oliver
- Dominic Harries (IBM Hursley) dharries [at] uk [dot] ibm [dot] com
- Dave Dyke (@davesdyke), Day 1 only
- Alex Tucker (@ajtucker), Day 1 only
- Ian Millard (University of Southampton)
Would like to, but can't
- Jens Lehmann (LinkedGeoData, I am at the LOD2 meeting in Paris, March 23-25, but Claus will come)
- Boris Villazon-Terrazas GeoLinkedData Spanish Initiative (Review of a Spanish project, and visa issues, but Alex and Luis will come)
- Lucy Diamond, caught between a GeoVoCamp and a training course
- Ian Ibbotson (@ianibbo) Gutted can't make it now, have a great camp!
Outcomes & Topics
Group that planned a vocabulary for helping to specify services where the results might vary according to a scale.
For example (here, nearest, near, not-so-near), (now, imminent, soon, later) and (equivalent, same, closeMatch, similar).
- Check also Open Time and Space Core Vocabulary (TISC) which now has some of these relations proposed by the "Scaled Stuff" group.
The goal of the group is to provide the basis of a vocabulary to encode complex geometries.
Group discussed the metadata vocab for geo-spatial data. Emphasis was on ISO 19115/19139 standard metadata.
Change Over Time
Group to discuss temporal changes to data.
Hi From Chris
Nice to meet up with some of you guys last night. A couple of links discussed over drinks & dinner;
- http://data.southampton.ac.uk -- our open data site.
- http://graphite.ecs.soton.ac.uk/ << cheap and cheerful php lib for hacking small graphs into HTML
- http://openorg.ecs.soton.ac.uk/wiki/Places << sketch of how to provide location data for an org (suggestions welcome)
I won't make it tomorrow, day job and all that, but can be got hold of via http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248 or @cgutteridge or firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Events and Calls
- http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/blog/special-issue-linked-spatiotemporal-data-and-geo-ontologies -- Journal Special Issue on Linked Spatiotemporal Data and Geo-Ontologies
- http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/blog/special-issue-semantics-geochange -- Journal Special Issue on Semantics for Geochange